Report 6th ISQ Annual conference held on 10-11 Dec. ‘09 at IIT Powai Mumbai
6th ISQ Conference was held at IIT Mumbai on 10-11December 09.
Prof. Prakash Apte from IIT Mumbai, widely recognized as India’s leading authority on TRIZ, with more than a decade of teaching and guiding industry in the successful application of the TRIZ methodology conducted a tutorial on 10Dec 09. 130 participants attended the Tutorial
The main conference was held on 11December 09.This year focus was on the Toyota Production System or Lean as a powerful means of transforming organizations. Four in-depth case studies chosen from the service and manufacturing sectors, showcasing company-wide deployment, challenges, multiple improvement cycles and the gains achieved through TPS/Lean were presented during the conference. More than 135 participants attended the conference on 11Dec09
Mr. Arun Bharat Ram Chairman SRF Limited and winner of Jamsetji Tata award in 2006 was the chief guest
ISQ gave recognition and awards for the year 2009 to the following
- Jamsetji Tata Award to Mr. K Mahesh, Chairman and Managing Director, Sundaram Brake Linings Limited for Life Time Achievement in successfully managing business through quality and contributing to creation of quality culture in society and thereby prosperity for the people of India.
- Ashoka Award to Dr. K. Kumar, Director, Maruti Centre for Excellence for his outstanding role in promoting Quality Management Practices in Maruti Suzuki India Limited
Case study presentation made were as under
- Tata Steel – Applying Theory of Constraints – Replenishment Model for Selling Re-bars in India, Rajeev Singhal – Chief, Mktg. & Sales, Long Products
- Genpact – Lean in an end-to-end service environment – Ricky Bindra, VP & Quality Leader, Genpact
- Kirloskar Toyoda Textile Machinery Manufacturing – Toyota Production System in KTTM R
- Mr Ram Mohan (In-O-Tech Engineers) TPS Expert – TPS: Diverse Indian Experiences
Mr N Ramanathan gave presentation on the 8th ANQ Congress being hosted by ISQ/QCI in Oct 2010 in NOIDA and invited all the delegates to participate .
|Jamsetji Tata Award||Ashoka Award|
|Winner for Year 2009
Mr. K. Mahesh
|Winner for Year 2009
Dr. Krishna Kumar
|10 Dec 2009 – Tutorial on TRIZ||Faculty: Prof. Prakash R. Apte||Electrical Engineering Dept, IIT Mumbai|
First in-depth case study– Tata Steel
Applying Theory of Constraints: A Replenishment Model for Selling Re-bars in India
|Mr. Rajeev Singhal
Cheif Mktg. & Sales - Long Products
|Second in-depth case study –Kirloskar Toyoda Textile Machinery Manufacturing (KTTM).
“Toyota Production System at KTTM”
Mr. Raghunath D.R.
Mr. Upadhya P.K.
|Kirloskar Toyoda Textile Machinery Manufacturing (KTTM)|
|Third in-depth case study – Genpact
“Lean applied in an end-to-end service environment”
Vice President and Quality Leader
|Fourth in-depth presentation –
TPS: Diverse Indian Experiences
Lean / TPS Expert
Engineers & Consultant