The 8th ISQ Conference was held at Hyderabad International Convention Centre Hyderabad on August 5, 2011
The Theme of the conference was “Quality from Across the World: Profound Perspectives”. The Indian industry has successfully weathered the storm of 2009, and emerged much stronger. Undoubtedly, application of the principles and methods of Quality management have played a significant role in their recovery of many organizations and enabled their growth. The challenge now for Indian organisations is to raise the bar once again and lay claim to be the best in he world in one’s own industry and domain. How to sustain the momentum, and
propel forward requires revisiting the fundamentals in a profound way, and finding newer means to achieve the goals.
This year’s conference brought out the profound aspects of Quality management from an international viewpoint, with a rich array of speakers from Asia, Europe and the US. The opportunity was to grasp deeper aspects of quality, both in thinking and implementation, across different domains, in service and in manufacturing sectors.
Shining Indian experiences in promotion of a quality management system and practices added value to the conference.
The conference was attended by 191 participants. Mr. B Mishra, President, welcomed all the guests, speakers and the delegates. Prof. N Kano, Winner of Dronacharya Award for the year 2008 was the chief guest.
Mr VR Janardhanam (Immediate past COO ) was given Ashoka Award for the year 2011 for his outstanding role in promoting QualityManagement Practices in Sundaram Brake Linings.
Presentations as under were made during the conference:
Dr. Noriaki Kano
- Honorary Chairperson, Asian Network for Quality (ANQ)
- Prof. Emeritus, Tokyo University of Science
- Recipient of ISQ Dronacharya Award 2008
- Presentation Topic: “Towards World Class Enterprise – TQM Practices in Asia”
Dr. Yoshinori Iizuka
- Professor at School of Engineering, The University of Tokyo, Japan
- Presentation Topic: Quality: Its Profound Meaning
Dr. Charles Liedtke
- Owner and Consultant – Strategic Improvement Systems, LLC, Minneapolis
- Presentation Topic : Preserving Quality Superiority: How to Stay on Top if You are #1 in Quality
Mr. Noriharu Kaneko
- Executive Director – Service Quality Management Ltd., Japan
- Presentation Topic : Service Quality Assurance by QFD & Event Data
Ms. Jane Seddon-Chairperson PMI UK
- Presentation Topic : Systemic Leadership: The Key to Quality Transformation
Mr. Sunil Sinha
- CEO at Tata Quality Management Services
- Presentation Topic : Business of Excellence: The Tata Journey
Mr. Dinesh Vedpathak and Mr. C. Narasimhan
- ACMA Center for Technology (ACT)
- Presentation Topic : The 5S 6M Framework: A new perspective on 5S through The Indian Production System
Mr. DK Srivastava
- Executive Director – Quality Circle Forum of India
- Presentation Topic : Lean Quality Circles
- Gold Sponsors : DCM Engineering Products and Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd., Farm Equipment Sector.
- Silver Sponsors : Lokesh Machine Limited ,Murugappa Group, Ashok Minda Group, Sheela Foam Private Ltd and SRF Ltd.
Quality Circle Forum of India and Engineering Staff College of India were the Co-operating organizations
Vote of thanks
Mr. J. Ravikant, Chair Conference Committee summed up the proceedings and proposed a vote of thanks to the Chief Guest, speaker guests, delegates, sponsors and the organizers for the success of the conference.